Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, because we want you to be happy with your purchase.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Kmart will accept product returns and provide you with a refund or replacement where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality; or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose; or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present your Kmart Create receipt or other adequate proof of purchase.
Kmart may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. Kmart reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Claims for compensation or reasonable expenses incurred in returning your purchase together with supporting evidence, should be addressed to our Kmart Customer Service team using the ‘Contact us’ option on the Kmart website (www.kmart.com.au).
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
When returning a product, you will be asked for information that is relevant to your return, or to satisfy legislative requirements. If you do not provide this information, then we may be unable to process your return.
When returning a product, with adequate proof of purchase, you will be asked for your signature as authorisation of the return transaction. If you do not have adequate proof of purchase, and the product is Kmart exclusive, you will be asked to provide photo identification containing your full name, signature and expiration date, so that your name and signature can be verified. This information may be accessed by authorised Kmart team members for fraud investigations and fraud protection activities. Information collected will be securely stored for a reasonable period of time and may be used for the purposes of research and analysis and may be disclosed to Government departments upon request, as required by law.
Non-Kmart branded product may not be accepted for return without adequate proof of purchase, unless it is covered by the consumer guarantees.
Kmart reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
If you wish to access your personal information, please contact Kmart Customer Service on 1800 124 125.
Kmart is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
Proof of Purchase
Returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- The Kmart Create email receipt, however you may provide a clear photo of the full Kmart Create email receipt,
- Online Tax Invoice;
- Online proof of purchase can also include Zip, Aferpay, Paypal statements etc.;
- Financial statement such as a credit card statement or a bank statement (however, when the proof of purchase does not clearly itemise the goods, more than one type of proof of purchase may be required).
- Flybuys statement
- Refunds will only be issued using your original payment method;